Monday, November 9, 2009

Not Quite Dead

But I thought I would after I said I would bike with Karen yesterday. We went out to MacArthur which has a few lovely hills. It was an amazingly beautiful day and I was just happy to be outside. Riding with Karen was great. She let me lead so she didn't leave me in the dust. Unless we were going up a hill - she just smoked me on those. And so much so that when we got to a downhill, I couldn't catch up (unless she slowed down). But overall, it was a great (only 25, but still - first time since Augusta...) ride.

On the way back, we wanted to stop at a sign to take a picture. See, I am always a fan of the 'thumbs down' pics by signs I don't like to see. See, here I am in Ireland when a trail was closed off.

So we really wanted to put our bikes with this sign to do a thumbs down picture. Indoor cycling classes!?!? It was 70 degrees! WIMPS! HA!
We were pretty excited, until we got there and there was an outdoor yoga class going on. Kind of kills the mood when we want to make fun of a sign and they were in a zen-like stage. Oh well, it was still funny.

And did I die on the ride - not completely. We had a great lunch after with with of the best sandwiches I have had in a long time. It totally hit the spot. One of the main reasons is because on the way back we had a huge whiff of BACON! Oh, Karen and I talked about bacon the last 2 miles back to the cars. How great would bacon be on the course?!?! Protein, some fat, and sodium! It's the perfect food! And you know the rule - nothing new on race day so that's a lot of practicing with bacon.

Ummm... bacon....

1 comment:

J said...

Yum, bacon! Great idea!