Friday, November 6, 2009

Sad Decision

So many people are down in Florida right now for 140.6 miles of awesomeness. I couldn't be happier for the people who are racing their first IM's or 40th IM's. And I really wish I could be down there to cheer and support. Especially becuase that was the plan. Go down, cheer, and sign up for 2010. However, I have been giving it a ton of thought, and realized that 2010 is not my year for IM number 2.

After the last set of back spasms, after I did NOTHING, I realized that this might not be my best choice. Mentally, I am there. I am ready to train and take on another Ironman. But my body isn't - and for once, I have to listen. I am no longer a young whipper snapper and have to make smarter choices. As Karen said, she "is tired of being a responsible adult". And right now, as much as it makes me tear up, I just can't do the IM in 2010.

That being said, there are other events. I am signed up for Eagleman 70.3. Karen also had the idea of doing Chesapeakeman - Aqua Velo - 2.4 mile swim and 112 mile bike. So I will do stuff, just not sure what.

And to quote Karen one more time "sometimes it's lame to have to always make the right choice".

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I really believe you made the right choice considering everything. Once the back heals, you WILL be ready for those future challenges.