Tuesday, September 6, 2011

I Just Don't Know Anymore

Around 8 o'clock last night, my left side started to hurt. In the same SI joint area that was bothering me on the right side. I took some Motrin and tried to sleep with the ice pack.

This morning, it was a smidge better, but not much. Walking was okay, but sitting and bending over was not. When I got to PT and described the pain, my PT tried to stay positive, but I could see it in her eyes. Things are not good. I didn't do anything different, didn't do extra workouts, didn't lift anything heavy - just packed and rested. And that set my alignment off on the left side. The session was spent learning how to self align my pelvis and back. And saying over and over there is still time for things to heal.

But really, 4 days, that's not a lot of time. Especially since I will be driving all day tomorrow.

For the first time, I am questioning if this is all worth it. Up until now I was 100% confident in my ability to start, kick a$$ on the swim, and see what happens on the bike. And hopefully the 26.2 mile power walk. Now, I just don't know.

I sent my Personal Cook a text to which he responded "Never give up, never surrender". If you are a regular watcher of Wipeout, you will know why this made me laugh.

I know I can't go into this already defeated, but it's really hard not to when your own body keeps rejecting everything you are doing.

1 comment:

kasun40 said...

Nice blog Amanda.Very cool keep it up :)