Thursday, January 28, 2010

I Don't Know the Last Time I Did That...

Put Blain on the trainer and rode on my own.

Last year I did a lot more spin classes where I took Carlos or Blain. This year I have done a few spin classes at the Y (which you would know had I blogged about it) and 1 class with Blain at a DC tri/Conte's spin session - a painfully good time.

But today, Tammy learned she got into the Escape from Alcatraz Tri - which is lottery. So, we had to celebrate! Plus, her birthday was last week. Emily's bday was a few weeks back and M's bday is in a week or 2. And of course, mine was yesterday. So, a good time was had by all.

However, it was stated via e-mail, that we couldn't stay late because people had to do trainer workouts. Emily wrote one out - to which I responded "Are you going to come over and set up my trainer? And poke me with a stick to get me off the couch?"

Well, I get home, my phone goes off with a message "Poke, poke, poke". And it worked! I only rode about 30 minutes and didn't finish the workout, but it was good. I have hard wood floors and didn't want to go past 10, even though there was a towel and yoga mat, I know it's loud.

Hopefully I can keep it up. And I think Emily reads this (or at least used to) and may start sending me texts that say "Poke". HA!

1 comment:

Emily said...

HA! Yes I do still read this and I plan on virtually 'poking' you some more. That sounds terrible...don't read into it too much. You get the point and BTW you're welcome! :)