Friday, November 12, 2010

Another Week... Another Catch-Up Post

My blog tends to go in spurts and there are 2 main reasons.
1. I was super busy and didn't have the chance to blog
2. I didn't work out much and don't want to admit it

This time, it was more #2 than #1...

But, there was a lot of fun stuff that happened. My favorite parents came to visit. There was lots of touring, shopping, slots, and eating out.

Luckily, my parents are understanding of the training that needs to be done, so when the opportunity came to get in a work out, I took it, and they were very understanding. That included 30 minutes on my permanently set up trainer, or a "Pop Up Challenge".

What is the Pop Up Challenge you ask? Well, it's when R and A, two local tri coaches and lovers of pain, kick our butts. Something like 20 squats, 30 sit ups, 10 walk outs, run 5 minutes. Followed by 20 push ups, 20 lungs on each leg, 10 walk outs, run 5 minutes. Followed by 20 curtsy squats, something else painful, 10 walk outs, run 5 minutes. This happened over and over for about 60-75 minutes.
Needed? Yes
Painful? Yes
Glad I went? Of course.
Sore for multiple days? Definitely!

I am not sure what happened to the rest of the week, but I did manage to make it to abs/weights class on Wednesday. And that was about it.

Oh,and of course, a huge thank you to all of the military for Veterans. Thank you for your service!!

No comments: