Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Time Goes By So Quickly!

Man, I don’t know where the time went. I even had things to blog about this past week, but was not home a lot so I did not get the chance to post. So, because I forgot my yoga close this morning (sad I know, no yoga Steve today – but I did go vote, so that is something!), I am taking my lunch hour to catch you 8 readers up on my week – the best I can remember…

Wednesday was a meeting. It was triathlon related so it totally counts as a workout! Or something.

Thursday I went to masters swimming. I was pretty sore for a solid week of working out, so I jumped into the slowest lane for the practice. Yes, of the 4 lanes I am either last in the 3rd slowest lane and working my butt off to keep up, or I lead the slowest lane. Masters people are FAST! This was followed up by demanding food at Diane's place before watching Project Runway. And I will no longer be watching Project Runway because the winner SO SHOULD NOT HAVE WON!

Friday was probably my favorite day. I didn't feel like going for a run, but it was beautiful outside, so I went for a walk. I wound up at the National Gallery of Art and wondered why I had not done that before. I saw one of my favorite paintings, and head back to the office. It was a brisk walk on a lovely Friday. It just put me in a really good mood. This was followed up by two birthday parties and a bit of a late night.

That late night lead to a late start on Saturday for the Rally to Restore Sanity and/or Fear. I was happy to be a part of the moment. And even happier to head home and watch on TV. There was a lot of walking, so that basically counts as a run. AND, there was a Halloween party thrown by tri people - so obviously a workout.

Sunday was a marathon. No, I am not talking about this marathon, but the marathon of cleaning. 5 loads of laundry, clearing out parts of my closet, cleaning my bedroom, and scrubbing half of my bathroom. Two of my favorite parents are coming to visit this weekend so cleaning was MUST. And seriously, cleaning my apartment is TOTALLY a workout. I was sad to miss out cheering for Rob, Janie, Charles, and everyone else, but I thought of them as I tossed old running shoes. And, I headed to this musical Sunday evening. SO GOOD! If you like that hippy story line and 70's rock music stuff.

This takes us to yesterday, Monday, November 1st. I did make it swimming with Toby, Jen, Jenny and a few others, but was late so I did my own thing. And that was 2200 meters straight. Because I wanted to see if I could. And I could. I think over all, I racked up a solid 2800 - which made me very happy.

But that isn't the most exciting thing about yesterday; it was Day 1 of our 100 Push Ups Challenge. 100 Push Ups?!?! Yes, that is crazy talk, but true. This was part of the meeting I was at on Wednesday, and Karen came up with this idea. And for some reason, a boat load of us tend to do what Karen tells us. So, there are about 40 women signed up for this 100 Push Up challenge, based on this plan. Oh, and I also signed up for the 200 sit up part as well. Yay off season!

I almost didn't write about this, but figured if I posted it, I have to follow it because someone might ask. And I can't lie. Or I try, but it's so obvious that I am lying no one believes me. So, it's posted and I can't take it back...

Now that I have caught you all up on my week, I am sure you can understand why I haven't had the chance to blog. Hopefully this is a trend that will not continue. I hate missing Yoga Steve!

No comments: