Monday, December 21, 2009

Saturday, December 19th

And even when I was home all day Saturday, December 19th, I still didn't sit down to write the following...
SNOWPOCALYPSE OF 2009!!!
Oh, it had to come. It's been awhile since DC was hit - and DC was hit hard. I really didn't believe it would actually happen. But happen it did.

Friday was spent at Pat's house, and my former running group when back in the day I ran a marathon. We had a great time and around 9:30 or 10 - it started to snow. We left soon after. Silly non-midwesterners...

Saturday was supposed to be our DC Tri Annual meeting and Kona view party, but the snow was just too much - and Mayor Fenty did ask us all to stay off the roads - so the Board decided to listen to our fellow triathlete and postpone the meeting.

I did manage to go for a walk to say hi to Bri (my California girl) who was greatly enjoying sledding in Rock Creek. I passed - the last thing I wanted to do was hurt my back again. But it was beautiful.

And I forgot how hard walking (i.e. a kick butt workout) in the snow could be!

No comments: