Monday, December 21, 2009

Sunday, December 13, 2009

Here is Sunday's post.

After a successful second off season triathlon, I decided to sign up for a 3 hours spin class. Yes, I said 3 hours.
Anyway, Karen actually talked me into it earlier in the week and because I didn't want to pay a cancellation fee, I figured I would give it a shot. My back was feeling better and if things didn't work out, I could hop off and walk/stretch/etc.

I know the instructor - I took a few of his classes a few years back when I was training for my first ever triathlon. Karen and I also talked AJ into the class so there were 3 of us in the back, ready for pain.

Overall, what a workout. I realized that I sweat a lot in my head. My hair was SOAKED. Yes, I know that's gross - but true. And I was amazed of how fast 3 hours went. The class was really good and overall, I felt okay. If things started to hurt, I would change position, stretch a bit, pedal slower - whatever I could to make it through the 3 hours.

And to celebrate - lunch. California Pizza Kitchen went out of business (SAD!) so Fuddruckers it was. I wasn't very hungry, but was shaky so knew I needed food. And oh, how delicious it was.

The classes are every Sunday til mid-March-ish and fill up really fast. I am hoping to get into a few more this season. I like punishment :-)

No comments: