Monday, December 21, 2009

Saturday, Dec 12

Okay, once again, for some reason I just haven't found the time, or something, to post. I have the general idea of what I want to say about the past 2 weeks, just haven't written them.

Sorry.

So, here is Saturday, December 12, post.

Friday was my once a year party. Cookies and Wine. Doesn't get much better! It was the first party in my new apartment - and a new way to decorate. I think Carols felt the love!!

And I hope everyone had a great time too. The hors d'oeuvers (I think that is the right spelling...) were catered by Adam, fresh off of his first professional cooking class. So good.
The cookies where Emily's recipe - the best sugar cookie recipe I have found.
And the drink of the year - we went for 3 rounds (thanks Mary Elizabeth!).

As much fun as we had, unfortunately, my back did not. The spams started up again and were no fun at all. Especially because Saturday was the second off-season triathlon. The first one was a great success, so Karen and Julia planned another outing. This was a swim, brunch, mani/pedi. Good times.

The swim - not so great. I made it about 1000 yds and just couldn't keep going. So, I went to the hydrotherapy pool and that seemed to help a bit.
Brunch - bottomless mimosas for $10.95. Obviously that helped!
Mani/pedi - I just went for a pedicure - I like to have pretty toes. But the best part - the massage chairs. That really REALLY helped.

I spent the rest of the afternoon with the heating pad and some drugs. Overall, not a bad Saturday.

No comments: