Monday, June 20, 2011

Tuesday, June 14th Post

It started off as a sad sad day because my parents left. I always have such a good time with them and am sad to see them leave. Thanks again mom and dad for a wonderful visit!!

Coach was nice enough to give me Monday off. But the real reason was so I could have fresh legs for my long run on Tuesday. I talked the Personal Cook into going with me after work for a fun filled 75 minutes. And by fun filled I mean him having the watch and being able to pick the route and tell me when to run, walk, slow down, speed up, light feet, lean forward from the hips, pump the arms and the legs will follow - pretty much everything I have mentioned in the past I need to work on. Doesn't that sound like fun?? :-)

But actually, it was. It was a huge help to have him along and kept me freakishly consistent. With the warm up, the total was just a hair under 6 miles and about 4 of those miles the laps (.5) were within 10 seconds of each other. Woot.

Coach and I are slightly worried about the run, but he said "I would rather you in a state of training then in a state of recovery from injury".

True, very true.

No comments: