Friday, July 29, 2011

Blain Update!

Friday's Post

Remember my last Blain update when I said "First of all, Blain is fine"? Well, I can't start this post in the same way.

On our way home from a fantastic trip to Lake Placid, some $*(Q^%(*U@( guy decided he didn't need to pay attention to the road on 495, during rush hour, and rear ended SWC's (I am going to leave names out of this one, just in case) car. Luckily, we were all fine. As was he. Both cars were drive able and we know it could have been a lot worse. However, the bike were on the back of the car and took the brunt of the hit.

At first glance, the frames looked okay, all but the fork. The CARBON fork. Knowing I didn't have much time to mess around, I decided to work from home on Wednesday so I could head to the bike shop right when they opened at 11. B was there and his full carbon-framed bike was actually fine. Mine, not so much. But luckily, it was just the fork. And because Fresh Bikes is awesome, they found me a black fork (at first they only had a white one and it would have been 2 weeks for a black one - so Blain would have looked a tad funny). When I told Coach, he was happy we were all okay, and said "The Ironman Wisconsin bike course doesn't know you have a white fork". Thanks Coach, thanks.

However, Friday night, I headed to pick up Blain and he looked good as new.

A little extra stress but all seems to have worked out. Now I just need the $*(Q^%(*U@( guy's insurance to send me a check! Carbon forks are not cheep!

No comments: