Monday, July 25, 2011

My Friends Are AMAZING!

Monday's Post

What a day yesterday was!!!

I can not even put into words how fantastic everyone of my friends are and what they accomplished. I am not going to go into too many details, but trust me, it was AMAZING!

The day started off nice and early with everyone getting to the water on time.
We kicked off our shoes and got a prime spot to watch the swim exit. It was perfect because I got to see most people come out of the water with HUGE smiles on their faces.

Since we all had bikes, we decided it was best to go somewhere most people weren't. There are 3 big climbs at the end of the 56 mile loop. A huge crowd was at the last one (Papa bear), so we went to the middle one (Mama bear). I don't want to play favorites with my totally awesome friends, so I will post this picture where I tried to show the difficult beauty these athletes conquered. Twice.
Again, this was a prime spot as we got to see almost everyone TWICE!

After about 7 hours on Mama Bear, we headed to the finish. I kept crying because of moments like thisSo I headed to the run course to cheer on everyone else I could find. And cheer I did until everyone finished.

To Phil, Janie, Bryan, Travis, AJ, Mike, Toby, Alejandro, Sue, TJ, Ryan, Emily, Dirk and Karen - thank you for reminding me why I will continue to train harder than ever for the next 6 weeks. You have each inspired me in a different way, which has now motivated me more than I can put into words.

PS. Alejandro found this video. It pretty much sums it up in 9 minutes and 29 seconds (and you can see Toby and Karen!)

No comments: