Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Hey, Did You Know...

1. I am less than 2 months away from Ironman Wisconsin.Last time when I was 2 months away, I was starting to taper for my first half. I spent some time reading my old blog and it did help me realize that I am doing just fine. I was still at 5 and 5 and a half hour rides all through July. I already hit 6 hrs, and I am at about the same distance or more. Also, believe it or not, I actually feel better this time around. I don't seem as tired, I have more time to get my laundry done (usually) and I feel I am doing better with time management. Usually.
But still, less than 2 months away is scary. As much as I would love to do the race tomorrow, and will want more time once 7 am on September 11th comes, I actually do think I am in an okay place.

2. The Weather Channel rated DC as the 6th hottest city in America. And I am not talking about the people. That is why I got up this morning at 6 to get my 45 minute run in before work. And I still sweated through my sports bra and shorts. Pretty image, huh?!?! :-) The run was fine, not too exciting. I was able to run the first 20 minutes straight, than switch to the run/walk for the last 25 min.

So that's my update for today. Less than 2 months away and DC is hot. The 9 of you probably knew that already, but I am really good at stating the obvious.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Stop reminding me of the count-down! :)

I am "tapering" for a hot HIM on Sunday. Predicted temp -- 90.

Stephanie

Amanda said...

Ha! Sorry Stephanie. It's a nice wake up call for me as well. Every day...

Racine 70.3? I always wanted to do that one, my dad is from Racine.

GOOD LUCK and HAVE FUN!!!
Amanda