Sunday, May 16, 2010

Go NTP!

Yesterday I got roped into doing a swim clinic at Sandy Point State Park for the club's New Triathlete Program (NTP). What a good time! Tammy and Simon had some great handouts ready to go for about 30 people - most of which this was their first time in open water. After we went over the basics, into the water we went. There were a few great swimmers. And a few more not so comfortable swimmers. We had tons of volunteers and I think everyone learned a lot and became more comfortable in the water. Also, I got to share a few of my "fun" open water stories.

After, we followed up with a bike ride. All was going well until about 4o minutes in and the two girls I was riding with - we came upon a different group of DC Tri with a flat. Because I just had experience changing one last week - we all pulled over and I put on a show of how to change a flat. Luckily, Will showed up 5 minutes later to cover and give tips I wasn't aware of. Yay learning! After way too long, we were back on our bikes and back to the park.

Of course, no good work goes without lunch, and cupcakes.

But what I don't understand is that if I use sunblock, smell like sunblock, why do I still burn???

No comments: