Monday, May 24, 2010

Swim Fail

Today was not a great day. They happen, but that doesn't make them any better.

It was a super fast pool. There were about 3 new really REALLY fast people in lane 1. That dropped 3 people into my lane. Which made me very, very last. And lapped at a 300! That doesn't make anyone feel good - in fact it reminded me of high school - eek!

About 700 into the workout I was coming into the wall just as Hugh was pushing off (in the lane next to me) and we smacked wrists. Hard. It was so hard my arm flew back and I couldn't finish the full stroke. I got to the wall, a bit dazed. By the time I made it back to the other side, Hugh was laughing. Apparently, it didn't bother him too much.

Me on the other hand... It immediately started to swell and just hurt. I kept swimming, but after about another 1000, I just couldn't take it any more. Between the super fast people, felling blobby, and a pounding/throbbing wrist - I called it a night. 1800 - still not that bad.

When I got into the car to head home, shifting from park to reverse - HURT!! I knew I made the right decision.

No comments: