Sunday, December 5, 2010

Weekend Catchup

Yet again, another great weekend, with another long post to fill in my 9 (YES, NINE) readers.

Friday - The day just got away from me with meetings that lasted 90 minutes where all I said was "That was approved 2 weeks ago" followed by another meeting where I said "I did that last week. I will re-send you the e-mail" followed by yet another where I yes "Yes, and I am still waiting for OMB to make a decision". And when I asked if I could skip the meetings (to workout - hello, it was pilates day) I was told it would be in my best interest to go - just in case something came up. Nothing came up.

Anyway, this was followed by heading to National Geographic to see Ben Folds! Now he wasn't singing, but was talking about his pictures. It was really interesting and increased my love for Ben.

It was good that the evening was early because Saturday was our first OFF SEASON TRIATHLON!!
A swim at Wilson, brunch (with unlimited mimosas), and a pedicure!! It really was a great day. The swim went pretty well - especially when Laural said "Hey, want to do another 400, 3000 yards sounds better than 2600, right?" Of course I said yes!! 3000 yards meant 3000 calories at brunch, right?

Well, maybe not, but that is how many I ate anyway. Oh, and remember that 100 push up challenge I mentioned and haven't talked about it since - yeah, others (Karen, Janie and Carolina) are sticking to it - and even do them while waiting for our meals. They're hard core.
After the unlimited mimosa, we all got our manicures and pedicures. I have to say, it was a great way to spend the day.
This was followed by Karen and Sandy playing dress up with me for our first holiday party of the season. Janice was a gracious host and we all had a great time.
Plus, you know we are all in training when we have maybe 2 drinks, eat a lot (which was SO GOOD Janice!!), and were ready to go around 10 - we all had workouts the next day.

So after a great Saturday, and lovey night sleep, I was up and ready for 3 hours of spin. Yes, that's right, 3 hours of spin. It was so painfully good.

This was followed by a slow moving grocery shopping trip filled with fresh veggies and meal ideas. Yes, that means I cooked. Woo-Hoo!

It really was a great weekend. Thanks to all involved!!

1 comment:

Shannon said...

Ummmm.... what is this about you only watching the push-up challenge?