Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Booty Pop at 6:15 AM?!?!?!

I think you all know it's pretty easy to talk me into something. Especially if it's something I kind of want to do anyway. Well, this morning was one of those situations.

Suzie said she goes to the gym on Tuesday's at 5:30. IN THE MORNING! So of course, I said I would join her. I knew if I didn't go with her, it would be tough to find the time to go on my own later in the day. I have shopping to do!!
Anyway, I told my parents the plan, they laughed at me, and left the car keys on the table. 5 am, the alarm went off, I cursed Suzie's name, and headed to the gym to meet her.

We started off on the elliptical machine and were chatting away, but still getting in a decent workout. 25 minutes into our 30 minute workout, a woman came to us and asked if we wanted to take a Zumba class. There was only one other person and we thought, why not. So we hopped off our machines and went into class.

It was HILARIOUS!! Even with all my DC Tri Club dance parties, I have no rhythm. And I noticed this even more as I was surrounded by mirrors. But, nothing says great workout like shaken' your booty at 6:15. IN THE MORNING!
25 minutes on the elliptical, 30 minutes of Zumba class, a lot of laughing - all equals worth getting up 5 IN THE MORNING.

Now, I am free to do a day of shopping. Woot!

1 comment:

Suzie said...

Hysterical. Although, you were more coordinated than you think (even without your hologram thing). And you sure had the booty-popping thing down!