Monday, October 4, 2010

The Good and the Bad of the Rest of the Weekend

This stuff just deserved a separate post. Kind of triathlon related, but not really.

The Bad
Once the race was over, Angela and I headed back to my car to discover a flat rear left tire. Does anyone find the irony in the fact I keep getting flats! If not on my bike, than my car... It had enough air to get to Exxon and fill it up. I was hoping it was just a fluke...

The Good
I got to hang out with Karen, her family, and her super cute niece: and if you know me, you know how I really feel about kids, but this one is pretty darn cute.

The Bad
I got back to my car and the tire did not hold the air. After an hour of sitting in a parking lot, the PSI was back down to 20 - not good.

The Good
Cheeseburger in Paradise. This was our celebration destination. It was so much fun to hang out with everyone after the race. And yes, that is me with 2 super fast guys, who are also on the board with me, and a very large tube of beer. Let's just say I was very happy my stomach was better.

The Bad
We thought we would check out the 'official' post party - which was 5 miles away. Once we got there, it was smoky and no one else was there. Fail.

The Good
We had a few drinks at an outside bar and headed to a dance club. Yes, that is correct, we went dancing. And let me just say, triathletes can't dance! But, we had the best time. We formed our own circle, and danced our butts off. How we managed to do that, after being up so early and having a race - I have no idea. But with more than half the board at the club, tons of members, we decided that not only are we the faster club, we are the hotter/most bad a$$ club around.

The Bad
Of all the guys who offered to change my tire on my car, not one answered my call or text in the morning.

The Good
AAA Rocks.

The Bad
I was driving by myself.

The Good
I was caravanning with 2 other cars of people.

The Bad
Poor Julie. I got a call from Ang, her passenger, saying that an oil light was on. And according to the Audi owner's manual, if that light was to go on, you are to immediately get off the road. We stopped in some small town in NC, Warsaw (?) and started to unload Julie's car into my car, and Abby's car. I don't know what we would have done if we weren't caravanning together. And Julie's car was towed away...

The Good
Having company in my car for the rest of the ride. Including a trip to Dairy Queen. And as we were about to pull out, another car of tri club people pulled in. And I guess as they were leaving (after we all left), another car of club people pulled in. Too funny that 4 cars all pulled into the DQ. I think we should approach them as a merchant partner...

The Bad
It rained the ENTIRE way home. The poor bikes. Especially Blain who was so clean!! But he will be cleaned again soon enough...

The Overall
I couldn't have asked for a better weekend. Well, I take that back. I did miss Diane's bday girls weekend - all would have been better if they were different weekends. Anyway, even with getting sick, my legs giving out on the bike, the club coming in second, a flat (car) tire, Julie having to leave her car in NC - I had a great time. I met some very awesome people that are a part of our club and I am even more proud to be a member and represent them on the board.

And now, my 'official' season is over. I still have a few events, but no more races. Before I know it, IM Moo will be my number one focus. And that makes me very VERY happy.

No comments: