Thursday, October 21, 2010

At Least I Went!

Today was my performance review at work. It's the same every year: I am doing a great job, everything is status quo, but I just need to work on my keeping my emotions in check (shocker). Obviously this is better than doing poorly or just getting by. I think I am actually pretty good at my job - I just don't care for it much anymore. I don't dislike it, or dread getting up in the morning, but I am also lacking any passion for what I am doing.

To try and get some clarity, I couldn't get to the pool, so I went for a run. I am still trying to work on form, I need to start working on keeping my HR down, and I would like to burn some calories to make up for my poor eating choices lately. Putting all of that together does not equal a great run. But, it didn't suck either and I am glad I went.

Also, it was successful in distracting me from thinking about work, my career, and what I should be doing with my life - even if it was only for 3 miles in under 40 minutes.

Oh, I almost forgot. I totally bailed on swimming last night to start packing for my trip tomorrow. I did get start some packing, but I spent the majority of the evening cooking - so when I get back, I have healthy(ier) food choices.
Using Emily's blog, I made this little number, and this one for a total of 11 meals! The best part, my enchiladas even looked like this picture, so I didn't have to take one of my own! And if I can make it and taste good - so can you. Give it a shot!

But the best part of the night, it is Week o' Bacon at Restaurant 3, in other words, the perfect way to celebrate Jess's birthday. I started off with the Bacon Martini and Charles started with the Bacon on a Stick. Good times.

2 comments:

SWC said...

You were in my neck of the woods and didn't bother to call me?!?! :P Glad you made it out for a run. That makes one of us.

Janice said...

suestOMG! Two of my favorite indulgences - bacon and martinis! Only a mere 5-6 months before I can have a martini...I figure I'd start slow with a glass of pinot noir or a nice Sancerre before I go for the martini. I saw this post and was jealous. Maybe even more jealous than when I saw you actually R-U-N-N-I-N-G!
My recumbent bike this morning just seems lame...