Wednesday, October 13, 2010

2 Half Workouts = 1 Whole Workout, Right??

Today started out crappy. It took over an hour to get to work. I had a raging headache. There was NO coffee in the cafeteria. My computer wouldn't let me log on. At 10:15 - I was ready to call it a day. By 11:15, tech support was starting to get me a new computer, I had nothing to do (without a computer) so I headed out for a wog.

I ran into Meaghan in the locker room and it was great to catch up with her, even if it put me off my time frame by a few minutes. After some satellite issues with my Garmin (another few minutes off my timeline), I was finally on my run.

My route is pretty standard to The Mall, but it is dependent on the lights. Today, it took me down Constitution Ave, where I saw someone blocking me on the sidewalk. I looked up and it was my friend J!! (And I forgot to ask if I could use her name, so J it is). I stopped my watch, took out my headphones and away we chatted. It was so great to catch up, as I haven't seen her in about 10 months. I found out I have 8 readers because she reads this blog (Hi J!!) and had super exciting news (so happy for you!!). It was a great surprise and did cut my workout back a bit more - but I wouldn't have changed a thing. It also put a little pep in my step.

The rest of the afternoon didn't get much better on the work side, but I was in a much better mood. I even made it to the pool for a short swim. Because I had a (short) wog today, I kept my swim short. I am still a bit sore from Sunday, which I know is a bit sad, but I have a very sore left hamstring and lots of bruises. It was just nice to say hi to everyone, and stretch out for a relaxing swim.

So, I am counting this as half a run and half a swim which equals 1 full workout.

No comments: