Friday, October 1, 2010

Myrtle Beach Baby!!

After a fairly uneventful car ride; which was filled with podcasts, a half of a book on tape, and some random music - I made it to Myrtle Beach, South Carolina. I went right to the packet pick up and was not prepared for what I saw. Hundreds of very fit, very Type A, triathletes. It was INTENSE! I don't know what I was expecting, but not that! I haven't felt that out of place at a packet pick up since I first got into the sport. Luckily I ran into Brianna, then Angela, and then Karen - so that made me feel much better.

Ang, Karen and I chatted for a bit until it was time for Ang and I to rack our bikes and head back to our hotel. We had just enough time to meet a few others to hit the beach and go for a nice warm up swim.

Swimming in the ocean - AWESOME! It was perfect. No wetsuit, fun waves, easy sighting, and just felt good. It was pretty great. I didn't swim long, just enough to embarrass myself because of my horrible tan lines from last week, and feel pretty comfortable with my swim.

After that, it was back to our hotel and got ready for dinner. But first, this is the view from our balcony. Pretty nice huh?!?!?!

Tomorrow is race day! Again...

No comments: