Thursday, October 14, 2010

First Masters Practice

Tonight was my first masters swim practice!! Dang, there are a LOT of fast people out there! I almost didn't go, as I kind of feel a cold coming on, and I am lazy. But I went, and I am glad I did. I didn't do the entire workout, just a solid 2400 meters, and I was pretty happy with the work I put in.

But the best part, swimming gives me a chance to think. Some people clear their heads by going for a run or walk, I often do by swimming. Somewhere during the 6 x 250's I was reminded of the conversation Carolina and I had as we were laying out on the beach this past Saturday. She is one of 8 readers, and a friend, so she knows my ups and downs as of lately. I thought of our conversation and a few things clicked with me.

I have been letting a lot of things that are out of my control get to me. Other peoples successes on the course compared to what I do on the course, responding (or not) to emails/texts/calls, my director saying he trusts in me and my work opinion - most of the time.... Okay, maybe I could work harder on that last one but hopefully you all get my point. I need to find that happiness within my self a bit more than I have lately - and for some reason, tonight it clicked a bit. I was happy with cutting my workout short because I was happy I went in the first place. I had queso for dinner because I like queso.

I am going to take my happy place, hope it sticks around for awhile, stop my rambling blog post, and go to bed.

No comments: