Wednesday, July 7, 2010

The Rest of The Weekend

I wanted to write this Monday or yesterday, but it was just too hot and I was too tired.

The rest of the weekend was very relaxing and enjoyable. By 1 o'clock, we had ridden 25 miles, walked (I walked, they ran), had brunch, and were relaxing on the dock with a beer. Happy 4th of July to us!! There was swimming, napping, relaxing, and reading. Well earned after 2 tough days of riding.
For dinner, we had a crab feast! Followed by a good by cake for Mimi. And beer. And wine. And more beer. Which can only lead to one thing

HOT TUB DANCE PARTY!!
(and of course, this picture was taken before HOT TUB DANCE PARTY really started. But this is the internet. I am picky about the pictures I use :-)
Good times. And we even managed to see some fireworks from behind the tree lines. But one of the best moments for me, a few of us kept running down to the lake to cool off from the hot tub and I wanted to watch the stars. Both dippers were in full sight as were the thousand of starts - and there is not a picture that can do it justice - so I am not even going to try.

All in all, one of the best 4th of July's I can remember. Even with my little break down on Foy road. A huge thanks to Sandy for organizing and letting me tag along. To Carolina and Julie for being fun roomies. And to everyone else who made it such a wonderful weekend.

No comments: