Friday, July 9, 2010

Um... Interesting

I have been doing pretty well since I have been back about keeping to some type of workout activity. Wednesday was a swim, yesterday was a bike, so today... a jog. It's still unbearably hot out, so it was off to the treadmill for me.

Now, I am not going to say I had a good run. I am not going to say that I felt those "endorphins". But you know what I did feel. NOTHING!!! For the first time in as long as I can remember, nothing hurt while I was jogging. There were of course a few twinges here and there, but otherwise; I didn't want to cut off my foot, I didn't have any spasms, and my knee didn't throb when I took off the brace (and yes, I am knocking on my fake wood desk as I type this). 2 minute warm up, jog 6 minutes/walk 1 minute x 5 (plus an extra 2 minutes on the last one because a really good song came on and I was feeling awesome) and a short cool down. WAA-HOO!!!

It was slow, really slow, but it was. And for me, that is all that matters.

No comments: