Tuesday, July 13, 2010

What Did I Do To You Mother Nature?!?!

Another day, another chance for Mother Nature to ruin my workout.

Tuesday means Conte's hill ride, but we all knew a storm was coming in, and there was a power outage in the area. Traffic was bad, but not as bad as 2 weeks ago. But I went anyway...

And dare I say, they weren't as bad as I once thought. Who knew that training actually works?!?! Don't get me wrong, hills still suck, just maybe a smidge less today. But then, half way up a hill, my chain dropped! I never drop my chain!! But, to my shock and pleasant surprise, I was able to start pedaling, without falling over, and made it up the hill! Woot! And I hit the turnaround just as the rain started to fall. Good timing on my part.

But not great timing. It was Mimi's last Conte's ride (sad) so we went to celebrate by heading to dinner at Ray's Hell Burger - where all the cool people go. YUM! But it wasn't that easy. Right after I parked the car, the torrential downpour hit. Yes it was raining, but this was sheets and sheets of rain. Basically, when I got to Ray's, I look liked I just got out of the shower - with all my bike clothes on.

But it was worth it. Both having dinner with Mimi, and the burger!

No comments: