Friday, July 23, 2010

It's Been Awhile

since I signed up for a running race. April 6, 2008 to be exact. My events tend to have swimming and biking before them. Or just the swim and bike...

Well, I was talked into doing something that always seemed fun but I never put in the effort to find an event. Luckily for me, Sandy found one and e-mailed just the right people at just the right time.

I was on my excitement from my running session with R and thought it would be a great idea and a lot of fun. And I still do... sort of. But as Lindsey reminded me, "SOLIDARITY".

So what am I talking about? Sandy, Lindsey, Carolina and I signed up for the Warrior Dash. 3.15 miles of the "Craziest Frinkin' Day of your life!" There is fire leaping, mud-crawling, and beer drinking. And a Warrior Helmet! How can you not want to do this for a Warrior Helmet! Oh, and we decided there will be costumes.

This Mid-Atlantic 'race' includes 3.15 miles of hustling over a hay, scaling giant steps, some type of going under water weave log thing, going over a wooden warrior wall (this is what I said I was most worried about to which Lindsey reminded me about solidarity), a tangled rope web thing, tires, rappelling, black tunnels, go through uncharted forest, leap over fire, and finish through a mud pit under barbed wire.

Doesn't that sound like fun!?!?! Yeah, I am kind of questioning why I signed up too... But the ladies said we would do it together (as they are all actual runners) so I think it will be a good time.

Or something...

No comments: