Monday, July 26, 2010

PeasentMan! (Sunday's Post)

Today was one of those days where best intentions don't always win.

After a day of Jellyfish yesterday, and the hottest day of the year, there wasn't much room for a workout. I did hop on the treadmill in my building to work on my new running technique from R. It was much easier with him there, but I will keep working. After a carbo loading dinner, it was an early night and an even earlier morning.

Due to some shenanigans from the fine people at Sandy Point State Park, the bike was first, followed by a quick dip in the beach. And no run, as running wasn't allowed in the State park... Yup, that's all I am going to say about that...

So, Karen and I headed out a tad early for the bike. We caught up with the volunteers taking their posts and it was a bit frustrating because Bryan; an amazing biker, swimmer and runner; and we are going up a hill and he passed me. Why is that frustrating? Because he was on a mountain bike. In flip flops. Rude Bryan, rude.

I cut the ride early so I could go hang out with more jellies. I was stung 20+ more times even though I had on my wet suit. This time they went for the right foot. But a few people got in and sway the 500M course. And there was no run.

So basically what started out as a guy who wanted to get some friends together for a swim, bike, run, turned into a ride with a BBQ (including cupcakes). See, best intentions don't always. But everyone had a great time and that's all that matters!

No comments: