Tuesday, June 29, 2010

I Tried

I really did try.

Tonight was the Conte's hill ride and I was all set to go. Got up early, made it to work early, all so I could leave early. I got home, changed and headed out. And then I hit the traffic. I hardly moved for 30 minutes. I was email with Karen (seriously, no comments about e-mailing and driving. I went less than 1 mile in 30 minutes. I wasn't going ANYWHERE!) when I realized my fate. So, I posted my frustration on Facebook.

Luckily, Alejandro was also on FB, and said "Want to grab a drink instead? I am in DC". Well, it didn't take me long to decided to turn around, head home, get stuck in more traffic, and call it a failed ride. Friends are awesome that way.

So, Alejandro and I met up for a (few) drink(s) on a nice roof top deck in Cleveland Park. Unfortunately, Carolina didn't know Cleveland Park Bar and Grill had a roof deck, so when she came looking for us (sans phone), she couldn't find us. Next time Carolina, next time!!

Or maybe next time I should get over my fear of riding in rush hour traffic...

No comments: