Monday, June 7, 2010

Ahhh... Taper

I feel like I have this question a lot. Can you taper if you didn't fully train? I always go with a yes...

In case you are not aware "Tapering, in the context of sports, refers to the practice of reducing, or tapering off, exercise in the days just before an important competition. Tapering is customary in many endurance sports, such as the marathon, athletics and swimming. For many athletes, a significant period of tapering is essential for optimal performance. The tapering period frequently lasts as much as a week or more." So this is the phase I am in before Sunday's 57.2 event.

It was the reason I skipped a lot of my swim today. Not because I'm lazy. Not because I wanted to go to dinner with people who finished first. Because I am on my taper. Yup, that's my story and I'm sticking to it!

And I am pretty excited. Eagleman has notoriously had horrible logos and shirts. This years seems much better. Yay!

No comments: