Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Swimming

As you are now well aware, I missed yesterday's ride due to traffic. I am the queen of making excuses for when I don't want to workout. However, when I do want to workout, I get frustrated when things get in the way - like traffic.

It was a slow day at work and Karen and I were e-mailing about one thing or another. She sent one message that I read and a bit of coffee came out my nose due to laughter. Of course that was my response to her to which she said "as long as you don't use that as an excuse to skip swimming tonight. or pull the old, "oh, i'm slow tonight because KAREN MADE ME SPIT COFFEE OUT OF MY NOSE THIS MORNING" excuse. that gets old."

And there we have today's blog post. And when I told Karen, she said, "you're welcome. again."

And the swim, well I have discussed the pros of CUA practice; fun people to swim with, I tend to swim faster and longer, even when I don't want to do sprints, I do sprints. The cons - it's a disgusting pool. I mean, you smell for 3 days and can't get the gross taste out of your mouth, even with beer. Oh, and the pool totally ruin your suits. But tonight - gross, nasty, dead HUGE bug on the bottom. It made me slightly nauseous.

It's called a skimmer. I am thinking of buying one to donate.

No comments: