Friday, December 31, 2010

One More 2010 Post

The end of a year tends to be a time for reflection. Accomplishments for the year, things to change for next. I could go on and on about the year I have, but that is why I have this blog - so I can go back and see what accomplished and how I felt.

But I do tend to hate this holiday. It's full of pressure to look right, go to the right party, have someone to kiss at midnight. Blah. I was complaining to Janie about the holiday and she had a really good response - "I don't look at New Years as a couple holiday or pressure, it's more of a reset. You can just hit reset and start over". I thought that was a great way to look at tonight.

Even after I spent an hour on the bike tonight with Coach Troy, I just spent over an hour finding something to wear. I tried on dresses that won't zip and tops that were too tight and it was frustrating. But not only is tomorrow a new day, it's a new year. I get to hit reset and focus on the right things.

Don't get me wrong, 2010 was a great. I had a lot of travel, met some awesome people, started something new, and became better friends with a lot of great people. I am very lucky for the great year I have had. But I am also excited to reset - especially with a strong focus on the workouts/eating/training for another Ironman goal. I am just excited for a the new year.

Thank you 9 readers for sticking with me in 2010 and I hope you stay with me in 2011.

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!!

1 comment:

J said...

Amen on the "reset"! Happy New Year!