Monday, September 22, 2008

I Ran...

Not quickly - but I did. And I decided to stay on the treadmill. I wasn't sure how I would be feeling and didn't want to get stuck somewhere on the mall, in pain, and having a hard time getting back to the office.

Luckily, there was I guy on a treadmill that I have know for the past few years - so that made things much better. He is almost 50 and his goal is to run a sub 5 minute mile. He can LITERALLY run circles around me. But, he would drown in my wake for swimming.
Anyway, over the past year he was always asking about my training and ended each conversation with how impressed he was of me for the commitment I was making. It was just a nice reminder of the time and effort I did put in for the past year.

The run felt pretty good. The stretching was even better. So, I thought I was in the clear. I go back to work and after an hour or so, went to fill up my water bottle... ha ha ha - I couldn't get up. My hips!!! Something I haven't felt yet.

It's always somewhere new...

1 comment:

J said...

ooh, love that Commitment image. Funny yet so true...