Wednesday, September 17, 2008

My Legs Are Mad at Me

I took last week off from working out. I figured I deserved it and for the first part of the week, any movement felt like a workout. But pretty much by Friday, I was walking fine. Saturday I went for a swim and felt really good. So, I thought this meant all signs pointing towards doing easy workouts.

Monday I had planned on going to the gym, but it was a co-workers birthday so we went to lunch. And after work was the Nat's game.

Yesterday I took a weights class. Now it has been close to a year since I took a weights class as Coach and I decided to focus on the endurance part of training. Anyway, the class was only 30 minutes so I thought it would be a good starting point. WRONG!!! I don't remember the last time I did a squat or a lunge and my butt and quads were not happy! This mornining I almost fell out of bed as my legs decided to rebell. So what do I do for lunch, head to the gym. But, I decided to use the elliptical - something different. My 30 minutes are up and as I step off, I almost fall over. Luckily there was a pole next to me that I could grab onto. My legs are still rebelling. Not in pain, just soreness. I am now walking as I did Sunday night/Monday morning.

It's an odd sensation. My body was feeling fine and my mind really REALLY needs to workout. But once I do, my body starts screaming "NOOO!! Give me a FREAKN' BREAK!"

So, I need to find that balance. I can hear Coach in the back of my head "be patient" blah blah blah...

No comments: