Thursday, April 14, 2011

Do You Know What "Mirrors" Are?

Here is the deal. It was a BEAUTIFUL day outside today. I would have LOVED to go for a run outside. But, since I am still power walking with a smidge of running, its best I do it on a treadmill so I don't have to worry about stop lights, cars, or stupid tourists getting in my way. I can go at 4.1-4.2 mph for the full 20-25 minutes, then run at 5.1-5.2 mph for 10, without any problems. And I can use the mirrors to make sure my knees are facing forward, it's easier to count my cadence, and if something hurts, I could hit the stop button.

So I just described why a mirror in the gym is helpful. What is not helpful is having the creepy guy in the office blatantly stare at me via the mirrors. I first got that "someone is looking at me" feeling. I then used the mirrors to confirm my suspicion. He is just GROSS. Eww. Gross. Nasty. Not cool. And it went on and on for at least half of my workout. BLAH! My knee needs to get better ASAP so I can get back outside and not have to deal with creepy old guys and mirrors!

And tonight is hill night with Sandy! Lindsey should be out there too. Wish us (really, me) luck!

No comments: