Saturday, April 30, 2011

Getting Better!

(Saturday's post)

Today was Coach's attempt to get me back on a long run schedule. It was 15/20/5/15 - or 15 minutes of power walking, 20 minute run, 5 minute PW, 15 minute run. Exciting!!

So, after an amazing Guster concert last night, and some much needed sleep, I dragged my personal cook with me for a PW/R. With one hitch... my Garmin died just as we were about to start. Not good when everything I was doing was based on time. Luckily, my PC had a working watch to use. But there was another catch, he kept it and wouldn't tell me the time. NOT FAIR! MY WORKOUT!

But I have to say, I think it helped. I wasn't focused on how much time I had left or how much time had been PW or R'ing. My PC is much faster than I am, but he isn't training for a race and wants to help, and help by more than just cooking (which I will always enjoy!). It was a great PW/R and was actually nice to have someone to do the workout with. Talking is a great distraction, and good heart rate check!

Since my Garmin died, I did a quick map my run, and was very surprised/happy with the results. Oh, and yet again, no knee pain! (Knock on wood).

No comments: