Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Thanks Karen!

(Wednesday's post. I had a post started for Tuesday, but really don't remember what I was going to say, so I will just finish yesterday morning's post.)

Karen, I mean that in the best way!!
See, it keeps raining here. I mean, it's better than snow, but still. I had to cancel a hill lesson. Not confirm any plans in case it doesn't rain and I could ride in the morning, and NOT be on the trainer. When I mentioned this to Coach, he just said he was getting nailed in St. Louise, and it was headed my way. Great...

Hains Point, the best place to do morning, mid-week rides, was flooded. And apparently, they put a cop at the gate. Not something I want to mess with. So after I had Monday off (a scheduled day off!!), and yesterday was a PW/R and swim day - I had to figure out the bike. I figured the trainer it was, but Karen posted on the facebook late last night (10-ish when I saw it) that HP was full of junk, but not under water. So I quickly got ready for bed so I could get up at 5:45 and ride.

And when the alarm went off at 5:45, I rolled over and turned it off. But then my second alarm went off at 5:50 and I got up. And I was quickly reminded that 55 degrees at 6:15 is cold, not warm.
But the sunrise was amazing. And the clouds were remarkable. In a way, they almost looked like jelly fish - this picture doesn't do it justice, but it really was beautiful.

I saw Katie and Erica. And Janie. And Karen too. One of the gates was locked, but not both, and there were no cops, so around in weird circles we all went. Just as I finished my 3rd set of 5 minutes hard, Karen caught up with me. I didn't tell her I was riding because, see, Karen is also very fast now. But we both had about 30 minutes left so we stuck together. I pushed a bit harder. She said she wouldn't be going much faster on an easy/long ride day. I just made sure to ask her a lot of questions so I didn't have to talk.

But it was a great way to start the morning. Even if I was a tad late to work.

No comments: