Friday, April 15, 2011

Lesson

What lesson did I learn today? I don't know. You tell me. Really.

I was hoping to have plans this evening, and when they were confirmed, I was happy. Then they changed and it didn't work out. I was disappointed, but not mad. I went to plan b - which was to swim. I got to Wilson to swim, and the pool was closed. Happy Emancipation Day DC!

Now I was really frustrated. I decided to switch to my run, because tomorrow it's supposed to rain (AGAIN!) and I have to do my bike on Sunday. There is no flat area close so I figured I would just go to the treadmill in the gym in the basement. The mph doesn't work very well so I tried to just go off my HR, but the machine wouldn't pick up my HR. 40 minutes later, after my 25 minutes of power walking and 15 minute of running, I decided to relax on the roof deck with a glass of wine and my book (inspiration from Mary Elizabeth), but the door was LOCKED! BAH! Nothing has seemed to work out for me since about 2 pm this afternoon.

Wah. Boo. Hiss.

As most of you know, I am a planner, so when things don't go as planned, I get very frustrated. This was one of those moments. Now I am in my apartment, very whiny.

So okay, maybe that is the lesson, I need to learn to roll with the punches better. None of this is the end of world. Tomorrow I will (hopefully) swim. Sunday I will bike. Soon my roof deck will be open.

No comments: