Thursday, October 30, 2008

2 Days of Ironman Talk!!

Yesterday I finally got together with Ryan, Meg and Kristin to relive my Ironman tale. Ryan and Meg were extremely beneficial to my race day, as Ryan has done 2 IM's and Meg went to both. Ryan gave me tips for the race and Meg gave tips to Kristin about spectating and carrying my stuff (i.e. Blain). After multiple rescheduling, we finally got together and I could share all my stories. It was good time and I still teared up when I got to the finish part - and I got to do that twice as Meg and Kristin were talking the first time :-)

Tonight, I am participating on a panel "So you want to be an Ironman" put on by the DC tri club. I volunteered and am really happy I was picked. I think I have a very different perspective, not being a "typical" triathlete. There are 6 of us talking and as Brook put it

  • "3 speedy people
  • A doctor, probably for time management
  • A guy with type 2 diabetes,
  • You - if I can do it you can do it??"
It's true. I really think if I can do it, anyone can do it. Now I am not saying it was easy or a decision I took lightly - 13 months of training! But, I am really excited to share the 15+ hour side of an Ironman.

Should be fun!!

Oh, and because I really try to have a picture with every post, and this one is about Ironman, here is the one after my finish.

No comments: