Saturday, October 18, 2008

Yoga is HARD

Today was a good day.
This morning I helped out at the DC Tri club bike time trial. I knew Janel was doing it and then found out Tony was too, so it was fun to cheer. But, it was C-O-L-D!! Now, 50 degrees shouldn't bother me, however, it was 80 2 days ago! That was an unexpected temperature swing. Oh well, it is technically fall.

This afternoon, I signed up for a yoga seminar "Yoga for Athletes". Little did I know, it was by this well know yoga person from North Carolina. She was awesome! We talked a bit before class and she is actually a triathlon coach and writer for Runners World. And has a book! I was by far the least yoga-experienced but Sage was really good about alternate poses, using blocks/straps/blankets to make it easier for me. And HOLY HIP PAIN! But in the good way.

This might be something I am going to try and continue with...

1 comment:

J said...

Coming to yoga class tomorrow? ;-)