Monday, October 20, 2008

Disney music, REALLY?!?!

Rachel called me yesterday with a question that she couldn't ask her husband. She sounded very serious and I really wasn't sure what was going on. Rachel and I chat about triathlons, working out and other non-work stuff (we work together but she is in the Atlanta office) so I really wasn't sure where she was going with this conversation.

Rachel - "Is it ever appropriate to have Disney music in a spin class?"
Me - "Huh?"
Rachel - "You know of High School Musical, right?" (Note - she has an 8 year old daughter)
Me - "Huh? Oh yes, I have heard of it."
Rachel - "The spin class I just took played 'Get'cha Head in the Game'"
Me - "Huh?"

So this of course lead to a discussion if Disney music is ever appropriate for an adult spin/aerobics class. I am going to go with a no, unless it's maybe some "Circle of Life" for a cool down. But really, High School Musical, spin class, that just doesn't seem right.

So I ask you, my 3 readers, is it appropriate to play Disney music in an adult spin/aerobics class?

3 comments:

J said...

Gee, now I feel old! I have no idea what that song (or any of the HSM stuff) sounds like!

I would say it's only appropriate if it's not obviously Disney-ish. Have no idea if that song would violate that.

Anonymous said...

Only if your mother is in the class.

Kat~ said...

Just took a spinning class today. It was all hard-core music. Disney is a "no" for me. How is Post-IM going? Kat~