Tuesday, October 21, 2008

It Really Did Happen, Right???

It almost doesn't seem real. I re-read my race report from IM Moo and it almost seems like a dream or an over exaggerated imaginary thought. When I read it, I still get choked up at some parts. I look at the pictures and go "Yup, that's me." It's kind of an odd feeling. A part of me feels the need to throw my self into something new; but I also want to learn to just be happy - being.

I always knew Ironman would not become a lifestyle. Triathlons, distances swims, working out - yes, this I want to keep in my life for as long as possible. I am trying to find some sort of balance.

So I still don't know what's next and I am trying to be okay with that. I think right now, this quote from Henry David Thoreau is very appropriate.

"Let go of the past and go for the future. Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you imagined."-

1 comment:

greendale said...

Mandy,
Yes, it really did happen!! You are an "IRONMAN"! We all saw your picture, and all the stuff you bought in the Ironman store. Love your quote from "Thoreau"!
Carole