Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Ouch... I Didn't Know I had Those Muscles...

After doing an Ironman, you would think I have felt every muscle in my body - at least once. Nope, last night activities found some new ones.

What was it you ask - Belly Dancing. Yes, that is right, Belly Dancing. We can blame Jess for this brilliant idea. We kept talking about wanting to try new things - so we are.

Holy Cow! We are in the beginner class and dang, this is tough. Proper hip movements, breathing, posture - and the speed to move, it was comical to say the least. But I have to say, I very much enjoyed myself. It's an 8 week course and this morning I woke up with that good muscle pain in my abs and back that I have never felt before. And I have decent core strenght!! But this was totally different.

Now I don't think I will ever look like this, especially after 8 weeks, but will be a lot of fun to try.

No comments: