Sunday, November 2, 2008

I Do Like Hiking

This was a pretty good weekend. Yesterday was Kristin's birthday (HAPPY BIRTHDAY KRISTIN) and Lauren and I took her to a very tasty brunch followed by shopping - i.e. cardio. I followed this up with a fondue party and learning to play bridge. Yes, I am 79 years old.

Today, M.E. and I went hiking on the Billy Goat Trail. It was a beautiful day and we were not the only ones out there. The hike was much tougher than expected, but in a good way. Also, way too many kids for this level of difficulty. I am all about getting kids outside, but really, not when you have to clime up the side of rocks that with one slip you could be in the Potomac - not a place for little children.

But people did bring amusing moments. Quotes from the day
  • Little 4 year old boy to 4 year old girl - "You farted" but it was said more like "futteted" and continued to yell it for as long as they were in ear shot
  • 8 year old girl to her mom "Mom, this is where you should fall in the mud"
  • Annoying 23 year old girl (who hopefully wasn't on a date because if she was, pretty sure it was the last) who didn't stop talking "I am 23, when I turn 26, I am going to stay there for like a decade."
But even with the annoying woman behind us for the last part, we managed to enjoy the day and have a beautiful hike. I am very much enjoying finding different ways to exercise that are not swimming, biking and running!

No comments: