Sunday, November 30, 2008

I'M ON TV!!!

The Versus network is one of the few which shows Ironman events. I was really excited when I saw they were going to show IM Wisconsin. It was supposed to be yesterday, however it was bumped for college football. Boo!! Luckily, the Internet told me it would be on again today. So, at 3 o'clock, I was glued to the tv.

I was able to watch Chris McDonald and Hillary Biscay win the race, was reminded of what a beautiful day I had, see some hills again, look at more corn, and how lucky I was to have finished. 2 people they were tracking dropped out or were pulled off on the second loop of the run. I just can't believe I did what I did!!

So, I spent the hour looking for me and DC tri club people. I found 1 person for a split second on the bike, another on the run (as they were following Chris). Then, it happened. I remember starting my run and seeing the lead woman, Karin Gerber. She had the total side lean going on the run, and did not look good. Right behind her was Hillary, looking much better. I just remember thinking how cool it was that I just saw the lead women. Little did I know, at that point of filming the race, I would show up on the video for about 1.5 seconds!! I was so excited to see me! You can't really tell it's me, unless I point out the exact moment - then you can tell by the knee braces, white visor and brown pony tail. But, more proof that I was there!

It was just so awesome to see! I am going to contact Versus and see if I can get a copy of the video. Woo-Hoo I MADE THE VIDEO!!!

No comments: