Wednesday, July 15, 2009

It Happens

Tonight was a swim. 2800 yds. A smaller group, but a few good swimmers who I have gotten to know over the past few months. Supportive, understanding, positive, great people. And people who I know don't read this so there is no need to inflate their egos.

2 are doing their first Ironman's this year. One keeps asking what I think. She is A.W.E.S.O.M.E. I mean, she qualifies for stuff. And is asking ME advise. She will finish Placid in about 13-14 hours. 2-3 hours before I finished mine. But, I finished and I have a very different perspective on IM's than a lot of people - which is why she said she asks me questions :-)

So, of course when I got home, I spent the past few hours looking at pictures, the AMAZING scrapbook my mom and dad did (seriously, if you haven't seen it, you should. And hire them to do yours. It's unbelievable). And I realized that yes, with the foot, back, knee, shoulder, neck, hip issues - I want to do another one. I want that feeling again. But more importantly, I want to do it with people who haven't. I want them to experience this amazing, unbelievable feeling you feel. Some bad, but more great.

My back is getting better and it's making me realize that maybe this is possible again. Not to do better, go faster, or place higher. Those have never been my goals. To participate, finish, and have fun - that's what I want to do again.

And don't ask me how many glasses of wine I had before I wrote this...

No comments: