Wednesday, July 29, 2009

New Inserts

Today I had another appointment with another physical therapist. But this one was for new inserts. When I went to my last doctor to check out my back, I mentioned my plantar fasciitis. He looked at my current inserts, didn't like them, and sent me to this woman. She had worked at that doctors office for 5 years, worked with the majority of his runners, and made his inserts. So, here is hoping...

I felt much better with her because she looked at my feet, watched me walk, looked at my knees, hips, thought (out loud) about the one leg being longer than the other, etc for a good 10 minutes. Basically she did a lot more than throw some plaster on my feet. She also suggested new shoes - which I know I do need. So the plan is when they come in, go to the running store down the street (which she calls ahead to let them know I am coming - and she has trained them to know what to look for), then go back to her to make sure they are doing what they are suppose to. Much better process, don't you think??? Some where along the way, one of my doctors hit a spot on my foot that the pain shot all the way up my leg to where my back spasms were. I am really hoping this helps...

No comments: