Thursday, April 23, 2009

Bah!

What a day of ups and downs...

This morning I woke up at 5:45 to go biking. It was dark. It was 45 degrees. So, the first thing I did was check my e-mail to see if anyone was bailing on the ride. No one e-mailed, so I crawled out of bed, bundled up and headed to Hains Point.

ME was there, I got Blain ready (he was a bit crabby this morning - doesn't like getting up early either) and we headed out - without Brooke, Janel, or Karen... SLACKERS!!! ME and I take a lap, I had some good snot rockets on the left side, but not the right (remember, it's only 49 degrees now, with the sun up - that's cold on the bike!!! And cold = snot rockets). Then we see Brooke and Janel, so I have to take back my slacker comment - bad accident on 395... We get a couple more laps in, were tired, but satisfied with our first early morning weekday ride.

The day was fine, including a 3 hour meeting in the afternoon. I rush home, off to my brother's place to take him out for his b-day. We get to the restaurant and movie where I realize I forgot my wallet at work (at least I really REALLY hope that is where my wallet is...). They almost didn't let us into the theater but after they did, Arin had to buy the movie theater dinner. I felt HORRIBLE!!! I don't miss details and hate it when things don't go according to plan - ESPECIALLY when it's my fault. He was great, very understanding, but still - it's his birthday (tomorrow).

But, the live feed broadcast of one of our favorite podcast's was great. I did have fun and hope he did as well.

Just a bit of an up and down day.

No comments: