Monday, April 20, 2009

Not A Bad Start

I did have to start, and today wasn't a bad one. This morning was one of those were you want to stay curled up in bed. It was rainy and a bit cold. My bed was warm and comfy. But, worked called and off I went.

I went to the grocery store last night to pick up stuff for breakfast (low sugar oatmeal) and stuff to make sandwiches. Good bread, lettuce, tomato, low fat cheese. I was set. Except I forgot the turkey. Whoops. So instead of eating lunch, I went to Boot camp class again. It was tough, but in the good way. Circuits again, but the in between stuff was brutal. Suicide drills, quick feet to push ups back to quick feet to jumps... But it felt good. And it was followed up by another killer abs class.

Now because I forgot the turkey for my sandwich, I went to Chipotle. Don't judge.

And tonight I was back in the pool. It's been over 2 weeks. I was sick 2 weeks ago, followed by a crazy busy week last week. The good news was the pool was packed, 3-4 per lane, so I did have to push a bit harder again. But I just wasn't feeling "it" - there was no channeling of Amanda Beard. But, it was a good 3200 workout.

Now I am tired. I don't think the glass of red wine is helping...

Not a perfect start, but a good one.

No comments: