Sunday, April 12, 2009

Happy Easter

First of all, HAPPY EATER!!

Second, I am tired of this weather!!! REALLY! IT'S APRIL! I left Wisconsin and Minnesota for a reason!! I know that 45-50 degree weather really isn't that cold. However, when biking, it's cold. Especially when it's windy. The sun helps, but not as much as I would like. I live in DC, I am south of the Mason-Dixon line, IT SHOULD BE WARMER!!

Anyway, I headed out for a ride and met up with Rose. We took some laps up and down Beach Drive and it was a tough ride, for me anyway. My HR was really high, my lungs were burning, as were legs. I know I have been sick and done little more than go from bed to couch to sofa bed to couch to bed this past week - but still. I shouldn't be that slow and that tired from an 18 mile ride.

But, I did make it out, even though it was cold and windy - so that is good.

And ride was followed up by a tasty Easter lunner (lunch/dinner) my friend The Meddler's house. Great friends, lots of wine,and good food - see the number we did on the ham :-)

Hope everyone had a great weekend!!

No comments: