Saturday, April 18, 2009

Finally!!

It's about time! Today was such a perfect, wonderful weather day. It is finally nice, sunny, warm (even a bit on the warm side), no rain... could not beat the day.

Unfortunately, I couldn't talk as much advantage of the day as I would have liked. I made a few choices on Friday night that lead to a few too many glasses of wine. Now don't get me wrong, I had a great time, it was an alumni event and I made some good contacts. But, that doesn't lead to a great bike ride the next morning. It was a tri club event and I went early to get my ride in, then help out with the BBQ, picnic.

So, I get to the site, clip in, hit the first hill and adjust my game plan. I felt horrible. Out of shape, very fat, not in the best condition for the course I was on, and got really mad at my self. How did I let this happen!?!?! I rocked that course multiple times last year - but that was last year. I got so down on my self that by the time I turned around, I remembered it was mostly downhill and I flew back to the picnic area.

So, it was the wake up call (again) that I needed.
A day that showed me spring is finally here.
And a reminder that I need to wear more sun block. I looked a bit like this.

No comments: